- Advertisement -
Amavasya of Pitru Paksha is on 25 September (Sunday). After this Navratri will start from 26th. Right now the month of Ashwin is going on and the Krishna Paksha i.e. the first 15 dates of this month are dedicated to the ancestors. In these days, there is a tradition of performing Pind Daan, Tarpan, Dhoop-meditation and Shradh for the ancestors. The Pitru Paksha ends on Sarvapitri Moksha Amavasya.
The significance of Amavasya is like a festival. To know more about this festival, we have talked to the expert astrologer Pt. Manish Sharma (Ujjain). Know 10 special things related to Sarva Pitru Moksha Amavasya according to Pt. Sharma…
- There are total 12 new moons in a year. When there is adhikmas in a year, then the number of this date becomes 13. The Krishna Paksha of Hindi month ends on Amavasya.
- Amavasya is also considered like a festival. That is why lakhs of devotees reach all the holy rivers across the country to take a bath. It is believed that bathing in the river gives inexhaustible virtue and the fruits of sins committed unknowingly end.
- After bathing in the river, Arghya should be offered to the Sun with the water of the river itself. While offering Arghya to the Sun, chant the mantra Om Suryay Namah.
- On the Amavasya of Pitru Paksha, there is a special importance of doing Pind Daan, Tarpan and incense-meditation on the banks of the river for the ancestors. If you are not able to perform Shradh rituals on the banks of the river, then do incense-meditation at your home. For this, jaggery-ghee should be offered on the burning candle. Take water in the palm and offer water to the ancestors from the side of the thumb.
- After bathing in the river, donation should be given to the needy people on the same river bank. Grain, money, clothes, food can be given in charity. If you want, you can also donate shoes and slippers.
- On this day, offer water from a copper vessel to the Shivling in a temple. Offer milk with a silver lotus. Offer bilva leaves, dhatura, necklaces, flowers and other worship materials. Apply tilak with sandalwood. Chant the mantra Om Namah Shivaya. Perform aarti by lighting a lamp.
- With the new moon being on Sunday, its importance has increased even more. On this day, charity should also be done for the Sun God. Donate things of the sun like jaggery, copper, red clothes.
- Make a secret donation of worship material in a temple. Donate grass and money to Gaushala.
- Light a lamp in front of Hanuman ji on Amavasya and recite Sundarkand or Hanuman Chalisa.
- Goddess Lakshmi and Lord Vishnu should also be worshiped on this date. Do Abhishek of Lakshmi and Vishnu on Amavasya. For this, fill milk in the Dakshinavarti conch and offer it to the idol of the Lord.
Credit: www.bhaskar.com /
- Advertisement -