India and China came together after 3 months to resolve the standoff in Eastern Ladakh, military level talks are being held

Mail Us For Business inquiry
- Advertisement -

These talks are taking place at an interval of about three months. Sources said that the 14th round of Corps Commander-level talks are being held at the Chushul-Moldo meeting site on the Chinese side of the Line of Actual Control in eastern Ladakh.

New Delhi:

India and India to resolve the ongoing military standoff for the last 20 months in the remaining areas of confrontation in eastern Ladakh. China On Wednesday, the corps is holding commander level talks. These talks are taking place at an interval of about three months. Sources related to the security establishment gave this information. Sources said that the 14th round of Corps Commander-level talks are being held at the Chushul-Moldo meeting site on the Chinese side of the Line of Actual Control in eastern Ladakh. He told that the ‘Senior High Military Commander level’ talks were to start at 9.30 am. The talks are understood to focus primarily on the retreat of troops in the ‘Hot Springs’ area.

It is expected that the Indian side will insist on the early withdrawal of troops from the ‘Depsang Bulge’ and all other conflict sites, including resolving the issues in Demchok.

China described the current situation on the border as ‘stable’, commander level talks to be held on January 12

The Indian delegation in the talks is led by Lt Gen Anindya Sengupta, who has been appointed as the new commander of the 14th Corps based in Leh. The Chinese side was to be led by Major General Yang Lin, Chief of the South Xinjiang Military District.

The thirteenth round of talks was held on 10 October 2021. The talks had ended with a deadlock. Both sides failed to achieve any progress in this negotiation. The Indian Army had said after the talks that the Chinese side did not agree to the constructive suggestion given by them, nor could it present any forward-looking proposal.

This new round of talks is taking place at a time when India had targeted China’s construction of a bridge in the Pangong Lake areas in eastern Ladakh and said that this area is under Chinese illegal occupation for the last 60 years.

Northeast rebel groups active again on China-Myanmar border: Security experts

Last week, China had named some areas of Arunachal Pradesh on its behalf and India vehemently rejected these claims. India and China had agreed to hold the 14th round of military talks in virtual diplomatic talks on November 18 to achieve the goal of complete withdrawal of troops from the rest of the conflict sites in eastern Ladakh.

A standoff broke out on the border of eastern Ladakh on May 5, 2020, after a violent clash between the armies of India and China in the Pangong Lake area. Since then, a large number of soldiers and weapons were deployed in this area from both the sides. After several rounds of talks at the military and diplomatic level, the two sides last year completed the process of withdrawing from the northern and southern banks of Pangong Lake and the Gogra area.

(Except for the headline, this news has not been edited by the Granthshala team, it has been published directly from the Syndicate feed.)

.

- Advertisement -
Mail Us For  DMCA / Credit  Notice

Recent Articles

Stay on top - Get the daily news in your inbox

Related Stories