New Delhi, Lifestyle Desk. International Yoga Day 2022: Vaginal tightening is a method used to tighten the vagina, which loses muscle tone and becomes looser after childbirth, menopause, or with age. Most women face the problems of lubrication or elasticity of the vagina as they age. This leads to disruption of the sexual process, or vaginal atrophy, vaginal laxity, or painful sex, increased stress, and poor quality of life.
To deal with this, there are a variety of treatments that improve the vagina and all of them claim to tighten the vagina under this procedure. These treatments range from using creams and pills to laser or radiofrequency therapy and even surgery.
Vaginal tissue stretching and its ability to return to its original size can vary with age and after childbirth, but these fluctuations are attributed to changes in the pelvic muscles. The health of the pelvic floor muscles affects your physical intimacy immediately after childbirth or during the post-menopausal period. Vaginal laxity can be caused by fluctuations in hormones or by physical pressure or stress on the vagina and other pelvic organs. Regaining the strength of the pelvic floor muscles can help bring the vagina back to its normal position.
Benefits of vaginal tightening
Vaginal tightening helps women get back to normal and it also increases the rate of second pregnancy. Some of the benefits of vaginal tightening are as follows:
– Improves symptoms of vaginal atrophy
– There is less dryness in the vagina
– Prevents Stress Urinary Incontinence Treatment (SUI)
– Increases in lubrication
– Reduces recurrent infections such as bacterial vaginosis (BV)
– Increases the flexibility of the vagina
– Increases sexual pleasure
exercises for vaginal tightening
There are some simple, painless, natural remedies to treat vaginal latency.
1. Kegel Exercises: Kegel exercises are one of the most preferred and popular methods of vaginal tightening. It consists of clench and release movements (shrinking and loosening). The process of involving the pelvic floor muscles in the exercise, holding them for 5-10 seconds and then releasing it is called Kegel exercise. This should be repeated 5-10 times in a row several times a day. As a result, the pelvic floor muscles become stronger and this helps in vaginal tightening.
2. Squats: Squats are very beneficial in toning the pelvic area and tightening the vaginal muscles. In this, you have to stand with legs and hips stretched, bend yourself as if you are sitting on a bench. Next, stand for a few moments before squatting and sitting again.
3. Pelvic Stretching: Pelvic stretching helps to strengthen the pelvic muscles. The easiest way to do a pelvic stretch is to sit on the edge of a chair, with your legs extended. Bend towards your ankles and extend your arms out to the sides. The pelvic area should be stretched inwards. It is one of the most effective exercises for vaginal tightening and strengthening of vaginal muscles.
4. Legs Up: Elevating the legs is the best exercise to tighten the vagina and strengthen the pelvic muscles. Lie straight on the floor on your back, then stretch the abdominal muscles and slowly raise the legs one after the other towards the ceiling. This will help to strengthen the pelvic floor muscles and keep them tight.
5. Medicine Ball Sit-ups: Medicine ball sit-ups are one of the most advanced methods of vaginal tightening which also helps in abdominal packs. In this exercise, sit with your knees bent, place the soles of the feet on the floor and come in a lying position with your back towards the wall.
6. Vaginal Muscles: Vaginal muscles can be strengthened by doing pelvic tilt exercises. Stand with your shoulders and back straight against the wall and keep your knees loose, pull your belly button (navel) towards your spine while keeping your back straight against the wall. Hold this position for 4 seconds, then release the belly button. It is beneficial to repeat this process 10 times to strengthen the pelvic muscles.
7. Yoga: The potential sexual benefits of yoga can be attributed to its relaxing effects. The way it is focused on sensation, many yoga postures have been shown to have pelvic strengthening effects, exercise improves one’s self-image and if all these components are seen together then yoga is very beneficial for you in this case.
(Dr Gunjan Sabharwal, Fertility Expert, Nova Southend IVF & Fertility, Gurgaon)
Pic credit- freepik
Credit: www.jagran.com /