New Delhi (JNN). The Gati Shakti National Master Plan launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday will prove to be a new impetus for the country’s economy. This is actually a digital platform through which about 16 ministries including rail and road will be connected. It aims at integrated planning of infrastructure connectivity projects. Under this, these ministries have put all those schemes in this plan, the target of which is 2024-25.
This will lay the foundation for a holistic infrastructure in the country. Through this, it will help in the speedy implementation of schemes worth 100 lakh crores. Let us tell you that this was announced by the Prime Minister on 15th August on the 75th anniversary of independence. All the states have been asked by the Center to join it. This will help in proper implementation of infrastructure projects across the country. Not only this, the data coming out of this will also be used by the private sector in future.
It has been developed by Bhaskaracharya National Institute of Space Applications and Geo-informatics under the Ministry of Information Technology (MeitY). Through this, the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) will look after the monitoring and implementation of all the projects. A National Planning Group will take regular stock of related projects. An empowered group of secretaries will be constituted under the chairmanship of the cabinet secretary, which will allow changes in the master plan.
It will have a central national master plan for multimodal connectivity infrastructure in different economic zones. This includes national highways, freight corridors of railways, gas pipelines, airports, aviation, medicines, electronic items, food processing manufacturing, defense production, industrial corridors.
- Will help in increasing the efficiency of industries
- Local manufacturers will get a boost
- Competition among industries to be better will increase.
- Will help the development of new possibilities for the creation of future economic zones.
- This will solve the problem of unconnected schemes.
- 3D visualization mapping will cost less.
- Dashboard based periodic monitoring, planning tools, and satellite images will also be used.
- Under this, all the ministries will be given a login ID, through which they will be able to update the data. All the data put on it will be integrated on a single platform.