New Delhi, Jn. Where will the 14th President of the country, Ram Nath Kovind, be after being relieved from the post? This question must be running in the mind of many people. Ramnath Kovind is a resident of Paraunkh village in Kanpur Dehat, Uttar Pradesh. Many former presidents went to their hometowns after being decommissioned. In such a situation, the question is arising that will Kovind also shift to Kanpur after being relieved?
It is reported that President Ram Nath Kovind will not go to Uttar Pradesh after being relieved. He is a resident of Delhi only. If sources are to be believed, the bungalow where former Union Minister Ram Vilas Paswan lived for more than three decades before his death in 2020 may be given to President Ram Nath Kovind. This bungalow located at 12 Janpath is being prepared for Kovind. It is being told that Ramnath Kovind’s daughter had recently inspected this house.
Let us tell you where the President of the country shifted after being released and what was the reason behind it.
- first president: The term of the first President of India, Dr. Rajendra Prasad, was completed in 1962. After this Rajendra Babu shifted to Patna, Bihar. He did not want to live in Delhi.
- Second President: The second President of India S. Radhakrishnan held the highest office of the country from 1962 to 1967. After his release, he shifted to Chennai.
- Third President: The third President of the country was Dr. Zakir Hussain. His tenure lasted from 13 May 1967 to 3 May 1969. Dr. Zakir Hussain died while in office.
- Fourth President: VV Giri, the fourth President of India, was in office from 24 August 1969 to 24 August 1974. After being relieved, VV Giri moved to Chennai.
- fifth presidentThe fifth President of the country was Dr. Fakhruddin Ali Ahmed. He also died while in office, on February 11, 1977, while in office.
- Sixth President: N Sanjiva Reddy was the President of the country from 1977 to 1982. Reddy also did not stay in Delhi after leaving Rashtrapati Bhavan. He died in 1996 in Bangalore.
- Seventh President: Giani Zail Singh was the President of the country from 1982-1987. After leaving Rashtrapati Bhavan, they started living in a bungalow on Circular Road near Teen Murti.
- Eighth President: R Vekataraman was the President of the country from 1987-92. He went to Chennai after his release.
- Ninth President: Dr. Shankar Dayal Sharma was the President of the country from 1992 to 1997. He lived in a bungalow on Safdarjung Road in Delhi. He died in 1999.
- Tenth President: KR Narayanan served as the President from 1997-2002. After leaving the presidency, he remained in Lutyens’ Delhi.
- Eleventh President: When APJ Abdul Kalam was relieved from the post, he was allotted 10 Rajaji Marg bungalow by the government.
- Twelfth President: Pratibha Patil was the twelfth President of the country. After the completion of her tenure, she moved to Pune, where she was given a house.
- Thirteenth President: Pranab Mukherjee was the thirteenth President of the country. After being relieved in 2017 from the post, Pranab Mukherjee lived in the bungalow at 10 Rajaji Marg. It was here that he breathed his last.
what is the rule
After demitting office in India, the government gives a house to the former President to live in. The rule for this is that the government has to allot the bungalow allotted to the central minister in the capital after the former president is relieved from service. If he died, the bungalow would go to his wife/husband.
Credit: www.jagran.com /