Rudraksha Rules: There are many places where advice is often given not to wear Rudraksha. It is necessary to follow the rules of Rudraksh on the basis of religious beliefs.
Rudraksha Rules: According to scriptures, Rudraksha is believed to be the origin of Lord Shiva’s tears. In Sanskrit ‘Rudra’ means Lord Shiva and ‘Aksha’ means tears. Due to this Rudraksh has great religious importance. Any person can wear it. But, Rudraksha is not a common thing which can be worn whenever one wants. It is believed that Rudraksh should be worn only after knowing the rules related to Rudraksh, otherwise Mahadev may get angry.
Vastu Tips: Prosperity comes from planting this plant in the house, not a money plant, know which is this Lucky Plant according to Vastu
Where Rudraksh should not be worn. Where Rudraksha Should Not Be Worn
According to belief, Rudraksh should never be worn in any funeral, especially at the place where pyre is burning. It is said that this can make Rudraksh impure and it has a negative effect on a person’s life.
It is said that it is better not to sleep wearing Rudraksh in the bedroom. This is because the purity of the Rudraksha can be affected by it. In astrology, it is advised to keep Rudraksh under the pillow while sleeping so that bad dreams stay away.
At the time of consumption of meat and alcohol
Rudraksha should be removed when the person is consuming meat or alcohol or taking any other intoxicant. According to belief, the purity of Rudraksh can be broken by consumption of meat and alcohol.
Other rules for wearing Rudraksha
- According to belief, Rudraksh should not be shared with any person or replaced with any other Rudraksh.
- The neck is considered to be the best place to wear Rudraksh. Rudraksha worn on the neck touches the heart.
- It is considered auspicious to wear Rudraksha by threading it in black, yellow or white thread.
- Rudraksh threaded in gold, silver, copper or mixed metal wire also gives auspicious effect.
- It can also be worshiped by keeping Rudraksh in the Puja ghar. Due to this, happiness, peace and prosperity remains in the house.
- Rudraksh is cleaned every month by putting it in hot water so that it remains clean.
Amalaki Ekadashi 2023: Amalaki Ekadashi will be celebrated on this day, know the auspicious time to worship Lord Vishnu
(Disclaimer: The information given here is based on general beliefs and information. NDTV does not confirm it.)