On the day of Sakat Chauth, Lord Gauri Ganesh is worshiped by law. Ganpati Maharaj is offered sweets and other food items made of sesame at the time of worship on this day. Let us tell you the auspicious time and method of worship of Sakat Chauth.
Sakat Chauth fast is kept on the Chaturthi date of Krishna Paksha of Magh month. On the day of Sakat Chauth, Lord Gauri Ganesh is worshiped by law. Ganpati Maharaj is offered sweets and other food items made of sesame at the time of worship on this day. This year Sakat Chauth fast is falling on 21st January. It is believed that mothers observe the fast of Sakat Chauth for the long life and good health of their children. Let us tell you the auspicious time (Shubh Muhuart) and method of worship (Puja Vidhi) of worship of Sakat Chauth.
Puja Muhurta of Sakat Chauth | Shubh Muhurat Of Sakat Chauth
- On the day of Sakat Chauth, Saubhagya Yoga is from morning till 03.06 in the afternoon.
- After that Shobhan Yoga will start, which is till noon on 22nd January.
- Both these yogas are considered auspicious for auspicious works.
- There is Magha Nakshatra till 09:43 am on 21st January, it is not considered good for auspicious works. In such a situation, worship Sakat Chauth only after this time.
- Purva Phalguni Nakshatra will start after 09:43 am, which is considered good for auspicious works.
Worship method of Sakat Chauth fasting. Puja Vidhi Of Sakat Chauth
- First of all, wake up early in the morning and wear clean clothes after taking a bath.
- After this clean the worship house thoroughly.
- Lay a red cloth on a wooden post at the place of worship and place the idol of Lord Ganesha.
- Install the idol of Ganesh ji and anoint it with Gangajal and Panchamrit.
- Apply roli, sandalwood, vermilion to Gauri Ganesh
- Offer Durva and flowers to Lord Ganapati at the time of worship.
- Chant Ganesh Mantra during worship.
- Offer modak or laddus to Ganesh ji at the time of worship.
- In the end, complete the worship by performing aarti to Ganesh ji.
(Disclaimer: The information given here is based on general assumptions and information. Granthshala does not confirm this.)