Hyderabad, ANI. Senior Congress leader and former Rajya Sabha member V Hanumantha Rao has filed a complaint against BJP leader Kailash Vijayvargiya at Begum Bazar police station in Hyderabad. The complaint has been filed regarding his remarks about appointing Agniveers for security in the party office. Hanumantha Rao also termed Vijayvargiya’s remark as an insult to the soldiers and the army.
‘Give priority to firefighters in security jobs’
Kailash Vijayvargiya had said that he would give priority in giving jobs to firefighters for security in his BJP office. “I would prefer one Agniveer to be appointed as a security guard in the BJP office. Even you can. A friend of mine appointed 35 year old retired military personnel as his security guard saying that he had faith in him. He is a soldier. That’s why I’m not scared. It means a soldier is the name of self-confidence.
‘What will Agniveer do after four years’
- Speaking to ANI, Rao criticized the Centre’s Agneepath plan.
- “For four years they will give jobs and after that they will give Rs 11 lakh while leaving,” Rao said. What will they do after four years? How will they manage their family? They have to do labor or agricultural work.
- Earlier his tenure was 15 to 20 years which has now been reduced to four years.
- Violence has been witnessed opposing the plan.
- Army Chief says we will not withdraw Agneepath plan, which is not right.
- Kailas Vijayvargiya’s statement is very derogatory to the soldiers and the army, who protect the people and give security to the country. That’s why I have lodged a complaint against Vijayvargiya at Begum Bazar police station.
The Congress leader further said that he has requested for immediate action and arrest of Vijayvargiya saying that he has insulted Indian soldiers.
BJP general secretary should be arrested
V Hanumantha Rao said, ‘Earlier when Nupur Sharma had commented on Prophet Muhammad, you were silent. Today in Afghanistan, Kabul they attacked the Gurdwara. 50 people were killed. The whole world is reacting to this issue. On the other hand, the BJP general secretary is making such a statement, which is derogatory. That is why I have lodged a complaint and requested to arrest him immediately. Otherwise, it will continue. He had insulted the Indian soldiers. They should be arrested.
Kailash Vijayvargiya clarified on the statement
- Kailash Vijayvargiya clarified his statement.
- Vijayvargiya said that he only meant that after completing the tenure of these soldiers, whatever area they go to, they will be used.
- He tweeted, ‘Agniveers who complete their service under the Agneepath scheme will definitely be trained and committed to their duties. This excellence will be utilized in selected areas after completing service in the Army. That’s what I meant clearly.’
- The nation is well aware of the conspiracies of this toolkit gang against national heroes and religiousists.
- People associated with Toolkit gang are trying to insult the workers by distorting my statement. This would be an insult to the ‘karmaveers’ of the country.
- The nation is well aware of the conspiracies of this toolkit gang against the ‘Rashtraveers-Dharmaveers’.
46 thousand Agniveers will be recruited
The newly introduced Agneepath scheme has been mired in controversy with protests in several states. A total of 46,000 Agniveers will be recruited this year, but a top Army official said it will increase to 1.25 lakh in the near future. The entry age for all new recruits in the Armed Forces has been fixed at 17.5 to 21 years. Agneepath Recruitment Scheme will start from 24th June and online exam will be held on 24th July.
Agnipath Scheme Protest: Many rumors are being spread about Agnipath scheme, know what is the truth
Credit: www.jagran.com /