“Those who used to ring bells in temples…”: Bihar minister’s jibe at Yogi Adityanath

StatesUttar pradesh"Those who used to ring bells in temples...": Bihar minister's jibe at...
- Advertisement -

Bihar Revenue Minister Alok Mehta said on Saturday, “Those who used to ring bells in temples are now holding powerful positions, take for example Yogi Adityanath, the Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh.”

Bhagalpur:

The controversy over Bihar’s education minister’s comment on Ramcharitmanas has not subsided yet and another minister there, Alok Mehta, on Saturday made sarcastic remarks against Brahmins and Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath, saying that those who were supposed to ring bells in temples.. Now ruling the state.

At a public meeting in Bihar’s Bhagalpur district, State Revenue Minister Alok Mehta said on Saturday, “Those who used to ring bells in temples are now in powerful positions. Take Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath, for example.”

Apart from this, targeting the upper caste communities, the minister said that 10 percent of the country’s population, which used to be the agents of the British Raj, is now exerting its authority over the remaining 90 percent deprived and backward communities.

Mehta claimed, “Ninety percent of our population, represented by (former Deputy Chief Minister of Bihar) Jagdev Babu, was first exploited by the British Raj and then by their agents. It was these people whom Jagdev Babu considered 10 percent.” Used to say.”

When there was a sharp reaction on the social media regarding this statement, the minister clarified.

In a personal video, Mehta said that the 10 percent that Jagdev Babu talked about are not people of any particular caste, but represent a class that has been exploiting the backward classes and this practice continues even today.

Earlier, Bihar’s Education Minister Chandrashekhar in his statement created a controversy by terming Tulsidas’s epic Ramcharitmanas based on Ramayana as divisive and spreading hatred in the society.

Credit: ndtv.in /

- Advertisement -

Recent Articles

Related Stories