Youth dies after consuming goat and rice, more than 30 sick: 4-year-old child’s condition critical; Feast held during Mahua Tihar program in Korba

- Advertisement -

In Chhattisgarh’s Korba, a young man died after eating goat and rice. While more than 30 people are ill. The condition of a 4-year-old child is critical. Out of these, 22 people have been admitted to three different hospitals. About half a dozen villagers attended the feast. In such a situation, the number of sick people can increase. It is being told that many people are getting treatment at home. The victims of food poisoning include women, men and children. The case is of Podi Uproda area.

According to the information, Mahua Tihar program was organized on Wednesday at the house of Gulab Markam, resident of Amatikara, Gram Panchayat of Podi Uporda area. In this, people from around half a dozen villages were invited. Apart from this, relatives had also reached from Korea district. During this, a party of Bakra-Bhat was also organized. After eating the food, people’s health started deteriorating. Many people started vomiting and diarrhea. During this, many people were rushed to the hospital.

Patients have been admitted to three different hospitals.

Villagers said there were more than 100 people, 80 percent sick

Patients were admitted to Podi Sub Health Center, Jatga Primary Health Center and Katghora Sub Health Center. During treatment, a 22-year-old youth of Betlo village of Korba died. Till now not much information has been received regarding the young man. At the same time, the condition of Mithlesh, a 4-year-old child admitted to the Katghora Sub Health Center, remains critical. Mithlesh’s father told that about 100 people had attended the feast. Of these, 80 per cent are ill. However, it has not been confirmed that so many people are sick at the same time.

The health deteriorated after eating the goat and rice feast.

The team of doctors had reached the village with the administration

At the same time, District Health Officer BB Borde said that people were reported to be ill in the village late on Wednesday night. After this a team was sent from the Primary Health Center. In the morning also the administration team had gone to the spot for investigation. At night 9 people were admitted to the hospital. After this, some patients have arrived on Thursday as well. He said that the situation is under control now. There was an event in the village. So many people got sick because of the food made there. All treatment is going on.

Credit: www.bhaskar.com /

- Advertisement -
Mail Us For  DMCA / Credit  Notice

Recent Articles

Stay on top - Get the daily news in your inbox

Related Stories